Monday, November 29, 2010
A big thanks goes out to Mrs. Green at greengirlscraps.blogspot.com for my first blog award, The Stylish Blog Award.
This is a pay-it-forward style award. Here are the rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this
2. Share 8 things about yourself
3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers that you have recently discovered
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their awards.
So here are 8 things about myself:
1. I love crafting (as if you didn't know).
2. I have been crafting with the Cricut for about 3 years.
3. I have 1 daughter.
4. Spanish is my first language.
5. My favorite color is lavender!
6. I love dark chocolate.
7. My favorite season is Spring.
8. I love to crochet.
Here are the Blogs I chose.
1. Tuki @ http://tukistryingtoscrap.blogspot.com/
2. Raquel @ http://raquelsdesigns.blogspot.com/
3. Bug Junkie @ http://bugjunkie.blogspot.com/
8. Not a recent discovery but I love this Blog! Kathy @
Monday, November 15, 2010
Several months ago my daughter decided she wanted a 50's theme party for her 9th birthday so we began coming up with ideas...then provo craft released their Nifty Fifties cartridge and thank goodness for that becuase it has made this so much easier. This is the first of many projects I will post using this cartridge. This is the invitation I came up with. My sister and I made about 40 of these. The card is 4.25 x 5.5 and the pink layer is 4.0 x 5.25 and I ran it through the cuttlebug for some texture. We used pop dots for the dress to give it some dimension and two types of ribbon, one on the dress which was velvet and one on the pink cardstock for more texture:)